Thursday, October 14, 2010

Falafel - Veggie Balls



I was walking around a Petrol Station in Qatar looking for something to eat and I saw an Arabic Restaurant where I thought that they were selling meat balls so, I bought a couple and ate it, at my surprise it didn't taste like meat but tasted good so I ask the Arabic guy what it is made of, he said its called Falafel and its made from ground chickpeas and/or fava beans.

Falafel is very popular in the Middle East as a fast food. As a main dish, it is served as a sandwich, stuffed in pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, and tahini. As an appetizer, it is served on a salad, or with hummus and tahini. Falafel is a favorite among vegetarians.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup dried chickpeas or 16 oz. can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans.
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon coriander
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Oil for frying

      No comments:

      Post a Comment